Saturday, March 15, 2008

A Great Opportunity

Last night, I attended a conference call with the authors Suzie Boss and Jane Krauss, "Reinventing Project-Based Learning: Your Field Guide to Real-World Projects in the Digital Age". It was a great conference call and an opportunity of a lifetime. I got clarification about project-based learning. I received confirmation that many things I am doing and have done are on track.

The authors ended the conversation with a request of feedback of the book. The book is wonderful. It provides a lot of examples of projects from the around the world. Of course, I put my foot in my mouth and said I really would have liked to see a chapter of seeing the experience of a project by a teacher from start to finish. This prompted the writers to ask me to blog about my own project. This was perfect timing because I was just starting to plan a project with other teachers for the first time. I have done a few projects in my own subject but this will be my first time to do a project with other teachers.

Today, I talked with my team mates about getting their permission to document our experience on line and use their first name. They quickly agreed. I also checked to see if we could meet for 20 minutes every day after spring break. I will continue to blog anytime I think of things for the meetings with team mates. However, look for the results of our meetings starting March 24.

No comments: