Sunday, August 10, 2008

Going Into Overdrive

I was scheduled to talk with Tim again today but had to postpone. I didn't get a chance to work on the project like I wanted. I need to update the wiki to include resources we need to use. One of the major components of a PBL is the use of experts and multiple books or sites for information. I want to make sure we both can get experts so that students hear from both countries. We will need to discuss if we will video tape the experts when they visit the class and put it on the Ning so both classes can benefit.

I also have to get going on the first few projects of the school year. School starts in a week. My goal is to have at least one project for each unit of study. For the first time, I will try having PBL being the way to teach a concept rather than using it to see if students understood a concept taught in other fashions. My goal is to have students interested in learning the concepts because they want to answer the client's problem.

There is a lot of work to do....

No comments: