Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Need Your Input

I can't believe it has been 12 years since I started teaching and working to implement PBL in my classroom. Time really does pass by fast when you are having fun. I am excited to finally take enough things off my plate where I can share my classroom on a regular basis.

It seems like yesterday when Suzie Boss and Jane Krauss convinced me to blog about my experience. I shared how I wish I could be a bird on the outside of a window looking in on a PBL classroom. A few moments later I agreed to blog about my first collaborative PBL. I really enjoyed sharing how I worked with my 9th grade academy team to implement the food project.

I want to share again but include items that people really need. I am thinking of sharing videos of my classroom as well as materials. Please write in the comments below what you would like to see from my classroom. I am going to also use this to help edit a book I am writing with Chris Fancher this fall.

Thanks so much. I can't wait to post more details based upon your feedback this week.

6 comments:

Eniola Ajayi said...

Thank you for this. I am interested in doing my PBL in my classroom. I teach HS Geometry and Algebra II. I would love to see your time line, and student product.

Unknown said...

Share lesson plans and your thought processes - why you do what you do. Make videos or your teaching - flip class style!

Telannia Norfar said...

Thanks Eniola. I am teaching Algebra I and Precalculus this year. Some of my precalculus would work for your Algebra II. I will try to write about my past Geometry projects. as well. I will make sure I take lots of pictures to show student work.

Telannia Norfar said...

Thanks Scott!! I just posted a way I get to know my students. I am going to share how I help develop students independence through certain roles. I will share details of my intro PBL this weekend as well. Thanks for saying you will like to see video. I am going to start using Swivl more this year and will share video of me and students as well. I love the point of sharing why I do what I do.

Stephen Prilliman said...

In addition to your own thoughts, it would be super helpful to have thoughts and comments from one or two observers your class. We do this in POGIL, we call it a "fishbowl", and we find that you never notice everything going on in your class (even with video).

Telannia Norfar said...

Thanks Stephen! That is a great idea. You will have to tell me more about POGIL and your version of the fishbowl.