Thursday, April 3, 2008

Establishing Teams

Our team meeting was changed to Friday. In preparation for the meeting, I complied tentative teams. Our school instructional facilitators completed a cooperative learning grouping based upon reading scores for the English teacher. I used this list as a guide to group students together in groups of three. Thankfully, the total number of students involved allowed for it to be no groups of four as we agreed.

I also meet with one of the team mates today to create a rubric for the survey assessment. The teacher never used Rubistar before and we completed a rubric together. We laughed at simple mistakes we were making as we were learning how to use a new piece of technology. The online rubic maker is one of the best around. I had used it before but only for already existing rubrics. I never created one of my own. It was frustrating to see one click of the button and we missed all that we typed but we laughed at how this sort of thing happens with using technology. We decided to retype the description section the next day.

I can't wait for tomorrow's meeting.

No comments: