Sunday, July 12, 2009

Arrived!!!!

I have arrived in Aurora, IL by way of Chicago. I am so glad that I decided to try to find another hotel that was less expensive than the recommended hotel of the institute. The Candlewood Suites is so great! You can click on the link for pictures I took of my room. Since I am going to be here for two weeks, I would rather be in a location that is more like a home than a hotel. It is also a great deal at $70 a night!

It is really late and I am beginning to regret that I took a late flight. However, my regret is balanced by the fact I was able to see my husband one last time before I left. My flight did not leave until around 6:30 p.m. even though it was scheduled for 6:18. Although I will probably not fly United Airlines again, I did like the fact that I had lots of leg room on the plane. I got into Chicago around 8:30 p.m. Getting luggage and the rental car location took another 45 minutes. Ace was very friendly and helpful. I would recommend anyone use them. Getting to Aurora took another 30 minutes but it was straight highway which I always like :). I made it into my room with two large pieces around 10:30.

It is now midnight and I am dedicated to blogging everything I experienced as promised. The most interesting part of today is I possibly found a person who would be willing to be a guest lecture for my math classroom. My seatmate has an agricultural engineering degree even though he currently works in sales involving oil and gas. He still is very involved with higher level mathematics and said he wouldn't mind speaking a couple of times via video conference if his company doesn't mind. It is always beneficial to talk to people around you while traveling. You never know who you are going to meet. The last time I traveled I met a woman who worked in child services dealing with statistical data.

Well, that is all for today. Talk to you tomorrow!

No comments: